Supported by our partners, collaborators and renowned names in the industry of tourism and golf, have developed the best Course for Golf Course Management and Administration in Spain.
Training and professional preparation are key objectives for the golf industry developing and promoting a series of educational programs, on its own or in collaboration with other institutions, to cover, if possible, dall aspects related to the preparation of the director or assistant manager of a golf club, as well as for other positions typical at a golf course. The intention is to promote a job market that is supervised and endorsed by the Managing Board, always providing an ethical code.
Currently, there are no courses for golf course management in Spain with the format and structure.
Train directors and managers of golf courses and clubs with the requirements demanded by the laws of the market today. Using the techniques, skills and instruments that have obtained good output in the past, along with the most modern technologies pin order to maximize the different business centers or profit and obtain the necessary profitability for the project’s viability..
It’s essential to cope with the need of specialized business training in golf. We pursue the comprehensive training of managers, by developing specific knowledge, leadership skills and personal initiative, they take to adopt creative decisions in complex problems and guiding them to efficiency and profitability of the entire organization through the different units of business.
The marketing of the different business units will be a recurrent topic throughout the course.
The program is aimed at graduates interested in developing their professional careers in managerial positions of a golf course.
At the same time, the program is aimed as well at people, though without having a degree or diploma on their personal CV, have been or are related professionally to the world of golf.
Thus, the program seeks to act and train a heterogeneous group of students. Combining the knowledge and skills of those with a degree or diploma with the professional experience of those, who know the operation of a golf course, creating at the end of the course a homogeneous group, able to occupy positions in the management and administration of a golf course..
Students should also know how to play golf or have had some professional relationship with the golf industry. The students have to know how to play golf or having had a professional relationship with the golf industry. In the case of not meeting this requirement, they will form part of an introductory course in golf theory and practice, which will enable them to have the minimum knowledge and requirements to access the level of the initiation of the course.
As final requirement a personal interview will be made to access the Advanced Course for Golf Course Management and Administration.
The working methodology with which this course develops joins the experience of golf managers with more than 20 years career behind them, with the techniques and technologies used by the younger directors, who are trained in new technologies, especially from the point of view of marketing.
- The program offers the student a comprehensive training yet close to business reality. It will train both, techniques and skills, through a practical approach and active involvement of the students. Modules in which the course is divided propose using both deductive and inductive demonstrative methods depending on the module.
- Each student will have a mentor, chosen by the students themselves during the third month of the course. The tutorials will guide the student throughout the training process and will guide him professionally for his incorporation into the labor market or to promote to positions of higher responsibility.
- All students will develop a final project at the end of the course that will be real and adapted to the labor market, if possible requested by a golf course
- Students who pass the course will have possibility of training with golf directors, who are looking to expand their staff, over a period of four months, being at the same time a test to become part of the staff permanently.
- After completing the course, students who have obtained the necessary qualification may choose an an Advanced Program of Golf Course Management and Administration.
After completing the course, students who have passed and are not doing training, will be incorporated in the job market in order to become part of the staff of a golf course in the shortest space of time possible.
Program of the Introductory Course for Golf Management and Industry.
Students who cannot play golf will have to take an introductory course in golf theory and practice which will enable them to have the minimum knowledge and requirements to access the level needed to pursue the Advanced Course for Golf Course Management and Administration. This program will take 20 hours, in which students acquire the specific knowledge of golf.
- The Advanced Course for Golf Course Management and Administration lasts one academic year, from October to June.
- Classroom sessions will be every Friday afternoon from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and on Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The total number of classroom sessions will be 300.
- The number of hours during the four months of practical training will be 720.
- The total number of hours for the course is 1.020
Once completed the first 300 theoretical hours of the Advanced Course for Golf Course Management and Administration, students who have passed the course can choose three ways as a continuation of the theoretical part:
1The Advanced Program of Golf Course Management and Administration.
2720 hours of training at associated golf courses.
3720 hours of training at associated golf courses and afterwards the Advanced Program for Golf Course Management and Administration
The Advanced Program for Golf Course Management and Administration is essentially practical. Students who have passed the Advanced Course for Golf Course Management and Administration will have access to live the day-to-day experience of a golf course manager for 200 hours spread over 8 weeks. They will work closely with the director of a golf course during 8 weeks or have the opportunity to be rotated by different golf clubs and directors if they prefer.
- Outdoor training with programmed activities. One day on a golf course, when we start to know each other and the basics of what will be a shared experience.
The management of golf courses by type of operation
- Mixed golf courses. What entries bring the money and in what do we spend it. The different business units. The functions of the director, the assistant manager, commercial and sports director at mixed golf courses. The importance of the commercial department and acquisition of subscribers. Subscribers and pay and play coexist on the same course. How to optimize business units, make them profitable and achieve a good balance between both. The application of revenue management in golf. Distribution channels (Trade shows, TT.OO...)
- Commercial golf courses. What entries bring the money and in what do we spend it. The different business units. The functions of the director, the assistant manager, commercial and sports director at commercial golf courses. How to optimize the business units and make them profitable. How to make a budget on January 1st without recurrent revenue. The importance of the commercial department. The application of revenue management in golf. Distribution channels (Trade shows, TT.OO...)
- Social golf courses. What entries bring the money and in what do we spend it. The different business units. The functions of the director, the assistant manager and sports director at social golf courses. The owners of the golf course are the players that I see every day. How to manage their leisure. Membership recruitment.
- The most outsourced departments: the administration department in and outside the club, advantages and disadvantages. Laboral, financial, legal consulting and human resources. What the manager needs to know about personnel, contracts, financial analysis…
- Golf and etiquette, golf rules, course measurements, EGA rules, handicaps. Golf Federations and golf clubs.
Human Resources Management
- Technical and managerial skills adapted to the different types of operation and management of the golf courses. I have to adapt to the course, not the course to me. Team management, motivation, leadership, preparation and ongoing training for staff will make a better impression of my work as director with a little less effort.
Sales & Marketing
- Golf and Tourism. The not-seasonality of golf as touristic product. The economic impact of golf tourism. The needs of golf tourists. Players’ flow and golf seasons depending on the geographic area. Intermediaries in tourism.
- The marketing of the dinosaurs and the marketing today. Marketing, internet and golf. How consumers think about golf. Marketing one to one, relational, ddbb, direct marketing, E- Commerce, how to take advantage of social networks, the power of viral marketing, I cannot live without CRM. Where do we sell more green fees, on the street or on the web. la web. Marketing plan.
- The sports management. How to organize events at a golf resort. How to plan an event, acquisition of support, rules of the competition, communication policy, operational management of the event, logistics of the event, working out and communication of tee times, marking and preparation of the course, technical and administrative management of the event, logistics, merchandising, importance of the etiquette, restaurant business, monitoring.
- The maintenance of a golf course from the point of view of a director. What a director needs to know about agronomy, types of grass, diseases, machinery, the cost of the oil filter of a fairway mower, what can happen if you break a sleeve if you cut a green, the work processes of the maintenance staff and the time they take. The budget for maintenance of a golf course adapted to our operating account and to the type of golf course the client demands or we would like to sell to our clients.
- Restaurant business and golf course. Outsourced restaurant business. A further business unit we have to make profitable.
Golf & real Estate
- Our golf course is linked to a property development. What does that mean today.
- Environmental sustainability, biodiversity, hydro-energy efficiency…
- The gestation of a golf project. From the conceptualization of the land to the start up of the golf course.
The evaluation of the program will be continuous and summative.
- Modules: each module will be evaluated independently through the case studies and works done.
- Final course project: concerning the final course project, it will help teachers to definitely access, whether knowledge has been correctly transmitted and if the students have achieved the general objective pursued with the course.
The Advanced Course for Golf Course Management and Administration has three different levels:
Advanced Course Course for Golf Course Management and Administration: 6,850.00€
The course may be financed by the spanish Fundación Tripartita.
At the moment they are closing deals with institutions and companies, which support the Advanced Course for Golf Course Management and Administration to provide scholarships that can cover the full price of the Advanced Program of the course. If you are interested please contact us.